Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Talent Show Rerun

Just got the Talent Show Video in from the school. What an expensive booger that was. I paid for it but had no interest in watching. The kids however were jazzed and pushed for me to watch. Good dads watch. I want to be a good dad so I decide to watch. Little did I realize what a positive experience it would be to watch the show and be with the kids. At the live show we sat as a couple and the kids were all with their class room so we did not have a shared experience with them. Somehow we got that experience and more by watching the video together. I have to admit I was wrong. The video was worth the $35 dollars that was charged. Today I will tell you that the value was priceless. I may have bought the video reluctantly and was coerce by the children to watch it but I can tell you I'm glad I gave in. Who would have thought (not me) that what I was resistance to do was in fact a blessing. Nothing like Getting It Right, even by accident.

No comments:

Post a Comment